This site is currently being used for coordinating the monitoring efforts of the Open Democracy advice Centre. However, as the OGP monitoring process expands in South Africa and Africa we will be glad to expand the sites use as well.
ODAC’s mission is to promote open and transparent democracy; foster a culture of corporate and government accountability; and assist people in South Africa to be able to realize their human rights. ODAC seeks to achieve its mission through realising the right to know so that it makes a material, tangible difference to the lives of the poor, and thereby contributes to social and economic justice. Hence ODAC provides practical and niche services to individuals and organisations with a social justice agenda to help citizens access their rights in respect of three key pieces of legislation:
- The Protected Disclosures Act 2000 (PDA) Assented to and signed on 1 August 2000
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000 (PAIA) Signed by the President on 2 February 2000
- The Promotion of Administrative Justice Act 2000 (PAJA) Signed by the President on 3 February 2000.
We are currently based on the 2nd Floor, The Armoury, Buchanan Square, 160 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock, Cape Town, 8000.
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung for funding the Information Needs Project
- The Noun Project, for the provision of our vector images, specifically: Darrin Higgins; Andrew Forrester; Monika Ciapala; Marwa Boukarim; and Luis Prado.